Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Lasting Effects of Schoolhouse Rock

I have a warm place in my heart for Schoolhouse Rock. If you’re like me...and in your forties.. this is how you learned the parts of speech (are you humming “a noun is a person, place or thing?”), how a bill becomes a law (still humming with me?). And it is of course how I can still recite the Preamble to the Constitution.

Today my daughter was playing a game on the computer that reviewed nouns, verbs and adjectives and it inspired me to sit my five year olds down and make them watch Schoolhouse Rock on DVD. Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to see if I still remembered the words.

I do, and it made me smile. I hope some of it rubs off on my girls.

Want to see how much you remember? Check it out here.

1 comment:

Vinny said...

"I'm just a bill,
yes I'm only a bill,
and I'm sitting here on Capital Hill."

Ah- the good old days.