Thursday, December 21, 2006

What can you do for 30 Days?

The guys over at Blogfathers had an interesting post the other day about resolutions….now that New Year’s is almost here. But more importantly, they had a link to Steve Pavlina’s web site which proclaims itself Personal Development for Smart People.

OK. "I’m a smart person, so this is obviously directed at me", I thought.

And boy was it ever.

Read the post at Blogfathers because they did a great job of putting this all in perspective but..He covers everything from How to give up coffee to how to find your life’s purpose. I think the latter is taking things a bit too far but the one that interested me the most was his
30 Days to Success article. The basic premise is you can do anything for 30 days. Want to lose weight? Great, commit to a better diet for 30 days. Want to give up TV ( or watch less)? Great, commit to it for 30 days. I mean who can’t do something for 30 days? It’s not a lifetime commitment. But if it turns into one, then …Great. But if not, at least you have the satisfaction of having accomplished something for 30 days.

Check out his site, and my all means read this guy’s bio because if ever there was someone who was a walking example of someone who turned their life around… it’s him.

I haven’t decided what “resolution” I will test with this little exercise. What can you do for 30 days?

3 comments:

Vinny said...

WAY COOL! It all seems so obvious, and yet, we are too dumb to see it.

I like the 'organize for 15 minutes each day.' I may do that.

Lisa said...

I think that is cheating. Don't you already do that...or would you be cutting back to 15 minutes a day?

Anonymous said...

Do you have any video of that? I'd care to find out more details.

Look into my web page; ins auto insurance